Graph (Synchronous) [Highstock] Widget Configuration

I just installed a system outdoors, for 3 bee hives. I would like to be able to see the temperatures over more than a day. I turned the system on 12/03/2021 and would like to see ALL the data collected from day one to … Then be able to select a day, week, … from that data.

Originally, X-Axis Duration (minutes) was set for one day, but I’m looking to see the data over the next year plus. So I changed the Duration to 1600000 to give me 3 years plus.

I was expecting to see the graph dates increasing: 12/03/2021 - 12/03/2024 but instead the graph showed the past 12/03/2018 - 12/03/2021.

I even tried working with a smaller time frame 14400 minutes, the graph is displaying 11/28/2021 - 12/08/2021. I even tried changing he start date to 12/03/2021 - 12/08/2021 but after a couple of minutes the start date does back to 11/28/2021.

Is there a way to set up the graph with a specific start date and it becomes permanent so the graph only displays the data from the date going forward?

or a graph that adds the X-Axis Duration (minutes) to the start date?

I believe that I can do it manually: reset the duration to 1 day, let the system run for a week then add a weeks time(10080) to the duration. Repeat this process every week, but there has to be a better way.

Any thoughts on this?

No, that widget is not designed for that purpose. It is designed to download all data for the time frame specified as minutes in the past.

If you need additional functionality in the widget, copy the widget file to a new name, change the variables that require unique names (i.e. two widgets cannot have the same name), and edit the Highstock code to display how you would like. Then import your new widget using the widget import system.

thanks, I’ll do that…

how about another question: I have (2) 120vac heaters, (1) 9vdc pump, (4) 12vdc’s fans that I’d like to connect to a 8 Channel DC 5V Relay Module with Optocouplers board. I have some concern over running the 120vac thru the board. While the relay’s are rated for more than 120v’s, will they handle the continuous power draw, 24watts each, or do I need to use the 8 channel board to drive a Solid State Relay SSR 40DA for each 120v device. In your experience have you seen any feed back from the relays, 120v, opening and closing?

thanks again keith

You will have to refer to the datasheet for your relay to determine if it will be able to handle the load.

Generally, mechanical relays are noisier than solid state relays, mostly due to the spark of the contacts. Some sensitive (sometimes because of bad design) can have issues when in the proximity of or on the same power line as a mechanical relay switching.

good to know, thanks

1 Like